Requires Teacher Role.
Instructors can create gradebook items in Canvas by creating regular assignments. These are useful in cases where you are grading items that are not submitted electronically through Canvas, such as papers handed in during class or exams that happen during class time. Unlike iLearn, you cannot add a column to your gradebook through the gradebook itself. You must create a regular assignment for a new column to appear in the Grades section of Canvas.
- Navigate to your Canvas course.
- Select Assignments from the course navigation menu.
- In the top right corner, select the +Assignment button.
- Enter an Assignment Name as it will appear in the gradebook.
- Enter a number for the max points that this assignment is worth.
- For submission type, select No Submission.
- Select Save & Publish at the bottom right corner.
- You can then go to Grades in your Canvas course, and enter grades for students directly within the gradebook under the assignment you just created.
Article is closed for comments.