Canvas Grades highlights assignment statuses with a default set of five different colors; understanding the colors can help you quickly scan the Grades to identify students with a specific status.
- Blue: Late submission
- Red: Missing submission
- Green: Resubmitted assignment or quiz
- Orange: Dropped grade
- Yellow: Excused assignment
For Turnitin assignments, the gradebook also displays colored icons based on the submission’s Similarity Report score.
- Blue: No matching text
- Green: One word to 24% matching text
- Yellow: 25-49% matching text
- Orange: 50-74% matching text
- Red: 75-100% matching text
- Gray: Similarity Report has not been generated yet
For more information about Similarity Report scores, see Turnitin’s Interpreting the Similarity Report page.