Requires Teacher Role
Turnitin can be added to a Canvas course using the External Tool feature.
- On the Home page of your canvas course, find the specific module you want to add a Turnitin assignment to, then select the + icon.
- From the activity selector, select add Assignment, then choose [Create Assignment] from the list and hit Add Item.
- Select the newly created link to open the Assignment settings.
- Select the Edit button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Set the points your assignment is worth in the Points field.
- From the Submission type drop-down menu, select External tool.
- Select Find.
- Select Turnitin from the list.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
- Set the Start Date, Due Date, and Feedback Release Date settings as needed. Note that additional settings are available under Optional Settings. Once set, select the Submit button.
- Once you are ready, on the Modules, click the Publish button to make the assignment visible to students.
Article is closed for comments.