Requires Teacher Role
Turnitin can be added to a Canvas course using the External Tool feature.
- In the module you want to add a Turnitin assignment to, select the + icon
- From the activity selector, select to add Assignment, then choose [Create Assignment] from the list and hit Add Item
- Click on the newly created link to open the Assignment settings
- Select the Edit button at the top of the screen
- Set the points your assignment is worth in the points field
- From the Submission type drop down menu, select External tool
- Select Find
- Select Turnitin from the list
- Select Save at the bottom of the page
- Set the Start Date, Due Date and Feedback Release Date setting as needed. Note that additional settings are available under Optional Settings. Once set, select the Submit button
- Once you are ready, click the Publish button to make the assignment visible to students.