As a part of our Canvas instance, the Box LTI is built into every Canvas course. Instructors have the ability to link their Box accounts to their Canvas course to easily access files and save on storage. Each course in Canvas has a course quota of 2GB, so if you run low on space, Box can help. Anything uploaded through Box will not count against your course quota.
Adding a file from Box using the External Tool
You can attach files from Box to a Canvas module. This eliminates the step of having to download a file onto your device and then, re-upload it to Canvas.
- Navigate to your Canvas course.
- Select the Modules link from the left course navigation menu.
- Select the + icon on the Module you wish to add the file to.
- Select External Tool from the Add drop-down menu, then select Box from the list below.
- In the pop-up, click on the Select from Box button.
- Find your file in the Box File Picker, select the radio button directly to the right of the file, then select the Choose button.
- You can confirm that your Box file is attached via the URL field. You may also want to change the Page Name because it will include the file extension, then select Add Item.
The Box file will then be added to the bottom of that Module. You can select the name of the file to preview it.
Article is closed for comments.